View Single Post
Old 06-28-2007, 04:43 PM

Default Re: Bank hassle with PS check, what do you say here?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Drop them in the night deposit slot or the ATM. When they get them, they will think they "look funny" and put a hold on them. I usually get a notice in the mail the next day informing me of a 10 day hold.

The bank DOES have the right to refuse to accept them, but that rarely happens with any check. They just want time to make sure it clears.

--------Meow

[/ QUOTE ]

Absolutely 100% correct. A bank has no oligation to accept deposits. Follow KittyLiquor's advice. (Don't use tellers)Don't write that ignorant (and attention-grabbing) letter.

Good luck in the future.

[/ QUOTE ]

"ignorant"?? lol

That bank teller is there to provide quality customer service to those who do their banking there. She's not there to grill customers about where their checks came from. That's why they have the hold process in the first place.

[/ QUOTE ]

I work for a brokerage firm and any time we receive a funny looking check, Cashier's check, or Bank Check we get an explanation why. As long as the person requesting it is polite I see no issue with it. The fact is, recent anti-terrorism laws passed to discourage money laundering require financial institutions to cover their own ass & employees are trained to look for this stuff. If they don't don't, they face fines, penalties, firing, etc.

It sounds like the Customer Service rep handled it poorly and the OP gave some shady answer or looked guilty of something.