View Single Post
Old 02-08-2006, 05:59 PM

Default Re: 5/10 KK river value bet

[ QUOTE ]
This is probably sensible, but the turn line as a whole is also an expensive way to toss 4 outs versus JT.

This is one of the reasons I think it's only beneficial to three bet the turn if I intend to bet the river. Otherwise, why not just call down...cause it's the same number of bets as three betting and checking the river, but folding to a four bet kills some outs.

The problem is, there are so many good draws out there that if he's on a hand like A8 + flush draw that I wanna charge him when I can. I think if the flush draws and possible straight draws (QJ) aren't out there that calling down if I don't intend to value bet the river is better. But with all those draws, I think a turn reraise is prudent.

- C -

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree that a river bet is the consistent follow-up to your turn play.

I don't think this turn is the best spot to raise simply as a free-showdown raise, since you're unlikely to drive out any hand you'd like to. Also, I think your unknown 5/10 opponent will probably fire again on the river with whatever he checkraised with on the turn (including busted draws), whether he improves or not. So if you want to get paid off better by a worse hand, you probably need to bet the river.

Like I said originally, I would have begun calling down after the turn checkraise. But the advantages of taking your more aggressive line instead are probably best realized if you bet the river.