View Single Post
Old 04-01-2006, 05:49 PM

Default Re: Stupid Dealer Trick #143

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

FLOOOOOOOOOOOOR!!!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

agreed. Let the floor handle it. It's not your place to instruct the dealer. And yes, the dealer was out of line.

[/ QUOTE ]

This seemed like one of those things where the dealer might actually get in some trouble if it was reported. Not working in the industry I dunno, but intentionally miscalling the action? That'd make me hot under the collar if I was working the floor. I didn't want him to get in trouble, just wanted to be sure he didn't do it again. The dealer was just getting a little too into the festivities and let himself get sucked into the game. I have no doubt he was really wishing he could be playing and not dealing.

Doing it this way didn't alter the mood of the table, which was quite upbeat, and didn't tick off the dealer. Calling for a floor at that instant woulda been a serious downer, wouldn't have altered what was happening in the hand, and woulda left the dealer no doubt PO'd for having been reported. And getting up and reporting it away from the table is too much like coming in and telling the teacher what happened at recess. We're adults... we can work such things out amongst ourselves and stay friends, can't we? Took a single directed comment and my "please pay attention to what I'm saying" look and it was fixed.

It's kinda interesting how there's the "FLOOR!" side of this, the "you did just right" side, and the "WHAT A NIT!" side. Total disagreement. COOL!