View Single Post
Old 10-31-2007, 10:41 AM

Default Re: LC: going deep and not getting paid the big dollars

[ QUOTE ]
Is it possible to not go on crazy monkey tilt after going deep in a large entrant mtt only to get knocked out after several hours and less than 20-30 people from getting an actual pay amount that matters. sigh

[/ QUOTE ]

Were you the one I busted out last night A5o v. Q10 :-P.

I know the feeling, Shark. Last night it almost happened to me in a $10 MTT where I went from on the precipice of winning like [censored] $30 to winning more. It sucks and I've been there SEVERAL TIMES. SEVERAL. I was literally sitting at my computer when we were playing that [censored] bubble at 2000/4000/500 five handed with an average stack of 50K, pontificating the terrible things I would do to my laptop if I busted as the bubble.

You just need to take a day off, be happy you went deep and you are improving, and most importantly (I don't know how many times I can say this), VARY your games a little so you don't go on MTT tilt.

For instance, having been fed up playing hours of MTTs, I spent an hour two tabling 10/25 cent Omaha hi. I suck at omaha hi, but that wasn't the point of playing.

Barry