View Single Post
Old 10-05-2007, 11:11 AM

Default Re: Irritating office yambags

We have a quality secretary.

When we arrived in our new office, I first couldn't know whether *it* was a man/woman. Later did I learn her name, she's a woman. They decided to hier a mexican catcher, why not.

We moved again, very close to her cube. She keeps the window behind her open, uses a fan, both all year long s that you feel like an ice cube, and most of all gives personal calls all day long while speaking loudly. About anything, for instance her period issues.

She scares people so much that no one has ever said anything to her. I've been twice to her desk, asking her to speak more softly, gently the first time, not so gently the second. She didn't seem to care, although I gained respect from workmates. I've stopped speaking to her, even hello, even if we meet in the evelator at 8AM.

There is another one who is a nerd archetype. Lives with his bro playing LAN games all night long, must go to the shower once a week, always wears the same black suit/shoes (even on weekends), thing is he's one of the coolest guys here, but you can't stand close to him for more than 10 seconds.

Finally, the quality manager. One day a random guy who had had a baby brought sugar almonds (we use to do it here in France). About 4-5 lbs. During the day people come and go to his desk to wach baby's pictures, say "ho he looks like you blablabla" and eat an almond.

The day after, the afromentioned quality manager comes by and takes all the remaining almonds. About 2 lbs left. Saying "no one is gonna eat them anyway". No little profit.

He once threw a party in his new place, no way I was gonna get there, still he came by me and said "you're not there on saturday ? Doh, I was counting on you for the music" (as I have DJ stuff). Of course man, at night I dream of changing CDs in your apartment.

Hell is other people.