View Single Post
Old 12-01-2007, 09:06 AM

Default Re: Beat: lost my rent money

[ QUOTE ]
Gambling addictions are pretty powerful. I think people that don't have one tend to underestimate them. Hence all the people making fun of jimm in this thread. I had one myself, but it wasn't quite as ingrained as jimm's, plus I'm better at poker, and I think I've managed to cure it on my own to the point that I can play poker for a living without too much worry of a relapse.

Jimm though, you seriously do just need to quit forever. You're sooooo far from being able to manage a BR properly that you have no idea. And that's if you were a winning player to begin with (which I don't believe you were).

You seriously should uninstall all the poker programs off your computer. Then send messages to all the major poker sites saying that you're a degenerate who's highly likely to send funds that you don't have and screw them out of the difference and recommend they ban you for life. Then, after all that, get in GA.

Or just redeposit, switch to Stars, look for "iggymcfly" and sit to his left. Whatever.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know what you (and Jim) are talking about. Iīve been through almost everything heīs doing now before. Alas, I spent ALL my money on sports betting, pit games for quite some time, i.e. games that make it hard/impossible to win. I still canīt believe how lucky I got to discover Poker in the first place. I am and will always be a sick addict gambler, but Poker makes it possible to do that with a tiny profit or losses that are affordable. And thatīs the main reason Iīm hitting SO hard on Jim - he has found a game that might rescue him and still plays it like thereīs no way of winning in it. Always tells us how he got everything right, understood everything we told him - and still wonīt stop until all the money is gone. There really is no reason to do so whatsoever.

So, one last time, Jim - Play on your 250 $ as low as you can, grind it up slowly. Donīt play on levels you donīt have 20 buy-ins for. Only play on sites that enable you to ban yourself instantly for 24 hrs once you feel youīre on tilt (Full Tilt and Pokerstars have that button - and I may use it way too often, but it saved me a lot of money). Even within this framework, you still can gamble A LOT (I sure do) and itīs MUCH MORE FUN if you can do so without putting next weekīs food on the line each and every time. Just do it man. You wonīt believe how great it feels to follow your craving without ruining your life.