View Single Post
Old 07-01-2006, 01:51 AM

Default Apartment Complex towed my truck... play?

Alright, I left my apartment in Sacramento on Tuesday morning for a LASIK eye-surgery appointment in Stockton. I stayed there until tonight (Friday night) because my girlfriend, who also lives with me, had a dentist appointment on Thursday and also ended up having a cist... so she had to go get an ultrasound and tons of crap. So we get back to my apartment, I get out to check on my truck... it's not there. I call my dad and he's getting all the paperwork because we are about to call 9-1-1 and report a stolen vehicle. I get to my apartment door and there's a paper wedged in that's dated on the 27th that states: "We are striping the parking spots. Don't be parked in these areas at 7:00am Friday June 30th or your vehicle will be towed at the owner's expense"

They didn't call my cellphone, girlfriend's cellphone, or the house phone in Stockton (which all are listed on the apartment papers, we don't have a house phone in our apartment... our primary is my cellphone). Do they expect us to check in on their apartment each day? Are we not to leave the apartment grounds for 24 hours? 3 days notice that was simply wedged in the door? What if someone took that piece of paper or it blew out??

Another problem is: I have a lowered truck, the proper towing would be a flatbed tow-truck... anything else risks ruining the truck.

I have to wait until the morning to call the office. I'm basically going to be demanding them to pay for the towing/etc, and if there are any damages to the truck for them to pay that also.

Does that sound OK? I'm pretty pissed right now and would like to know what OOT would do...