Thread: Firefox vs. IE
View Single Post
Old 06-14-2007, 08:35 AM

Default Re: Firefox vs. IE

[ QUOTE ]
A few years ago I tried some other browsers, but after some compatibility issues with some websites, I went back to IE. I'm sure things have come a long way since then.

[/ QUOTE ]

Firefox has an add-on (called "IE Tab") that allows you to view incompatible pages in IE format without switching browsers. All it takes is a right click on the tab (you also can compile a list of such sites to morph automatically). Ultimately you're running IE inside Firefox, but it's very handy.

Personally, I've been using Firefox exclusively for more than a year, and love it. The tabs brought me in, and the ability to customize -- the skins alone are worth it for me -- made it the hands-down winner. It's also much faster for me.

I would suggest you download it when you have some free time, and tinker with it.

I also use Thunderbird (Mozilla's Outlook) and love that as well.

As for security -- and I'm nowhere near a tech so correct me if I'm wrong -- one of the biggest reasons Firefox is much safer than IE is because hacks overwhelmingly target IE because of its much larger user base.

EDIT: Also, the "Foxmarks" feature is money. It allows you to run Firefox on several computers with the same bookmarks. It's great.