View Single Post
Old 01-12-2007, 07:26 AM

Default Re: My Story + An Offer (HOLY BALLS LONG)

Hi my name is Pete,

Experience at all forms of poker:

For the tl;dr crowd:
I started playing limit, up to 5/10, I have played SNGs up to $55, have had a couple MTT cashes, and have just recently started focusing my efforts to NLCASH.

LONG VERSION:
I like most started around the Moneymaker era, I watched ESPN one day saw pokerstars.com and immediately logged on. I deposited $50.00 and within 10minutes of cash games ($1/$2NL), I had doubled up. I immediately called all my friends to tell them about this cool poker game and how it was going to be my new job.

Eventually, I lost my initial stake and a couple more, and a couple more, and more and then just stuck to home games. By this point we just used to play cash games but we where so clueless. My friend was secretly reading HEFAP which I saw hidden under some newspapers in his room. I of course made fun of him for trying to hide the fact that he was “studying” poker, but at the same time I was intrigued. I too started buying books and I started playing LHE. I also started visiting 2p2. Within 4 or 5 months I had built a roll for $5/$10 but ego would not let me stay there. Poor bankroll management and playing in games WAY OVER MY HEAD, made me go bust quickly.

I then tried my hand at SNGS; I don’t know why I just did. I found them to be fun and exciting, but then again considering I was a LIMIT player, everything seems fun and exciting after that. I was beating the Party $11 for a 25% or so ROI and I was doing quite well in the PS ones as well. But yet again ego, poor BM would lead me to busto-land yet again.

I like donkaments and I have had some success with those. I think one week I took 2nd in a LHE donakment 3 times.

As far as NO-Limit Cash Goes I have played about 10k hands at $25NL and some shots at $50nl and $100nl.

Most tables you can see yourself playing: I have 9 tabled the $25NL Full Ring without problems, 6 tables for 6 max

Current bankroll: About $600 online at this time

What you expect to get out of this arrangement: I hope that with this arrangement I can hopefully take my game to the next level. I think that I have the mindset and the technical know how to beat SSNL. I am currently on a “training” regiment of playing 1k hands (usually 2-4 hours depending on how many tables I have going) reviewing the session, and I also watch 1 Cardrunners video a night and I am trying to get through NLHTP. Poker and studying is my only obligation for the next couple of months so I have tremendous amounts of time to work on improving my game. My ultimate goal would be to reach $400NL by the end of the year. I think with my abilities and a good coach I can make it far.

Credibility:Unfortunately I have never met anyone on here off the site that would vouch for me. I had another account here before this one. You can verify my SNG and Donkament results if you would like, my PS SN is Pistol78. Also I am including my NL PT screen shot since 1/1/07 just to show that I am committed to playing NL Cash, and I intend to take this as seriously as a student as you would as a teacher.

Thanks for reading,
Pete