View Single Post
Old 11-26-2007, 09:50 PM

Default Re: 3-betting in 6max

[ QUOTE ]
A big thing I noticed is that I'm getting 3bet a lot more preflop. Is this normal? What is a good 3betting range JJ+, AKs, AKo? AQ?

[/ QUOTE ]

Very normal. You will find that play is generally more aggressive pre-flop than at the FR tables.

Your 3-betting range should be very, very situational. Does Villain open-raise loose or tight? Does his position suggest strength (UTG) or a wider range (Button-stealing)?

[ QUOTE ]

Or is it just that I was playing against maniacs or people just get getting good cards (Only played a few hundred hands so far so not sure if its normal play)

[/ QUOTE ]

Could be; too few hands to really know.

[ QUOTE ]

EDIT:

Also what is a good opening range for UTG. So far I've been raising 66+, ATs+, AJo+, KQs. And limping with A6s-A9s, QJ-98, and KJ-QT. I've had good results with this so far, over a small sample though. Have I loosened my play too much here?

[/ QUOTE ]

Your basic opening range looks very solid. You can add more hands as your position improves, and especially on the Button. Also, open even more hands in late position when the blinds are tight and will fold to steals (if they fold basically every time, you can steal with almost any two cards and it's very profitable).

I would cut out most of the open-limping UTG, because your hand is not strong, you're out of position, and you appear weak and thus are vulnerable to a raise PF. I would, however, open-raise all your limping hands from the CO and Button.

There's tons to say about basic PF 6max strategy but I hope that helps. You just need experience, and don't go too crazy if you get beat up a little at the start. Try to identify situations where you lose a lot or seem to get outplayed a lot, and get rid of them.