View Single Post
Old 11-24-2007, 05:50 PM

Default Re: So I\'m going to Prison for 2 years

Another thing. AZ recently reenacted yet tougher DUI laws that force even first-time offenders to get that gay breathalyzer machine installed in their car. If you blow >.03 it won't start. I'm guessing it's expensive to get installed + $100/month. A guy I know who just got his license back (I don't know him well enough to know the severity of his offense) got this installed and said that one morning after a night of moderate but not crazy drinking he blew high enough that it wouldn't start and he had to get a cab to work even though he was not only not drunk but didn't feel particularly hungover either.

If it's true that AZ laws really are the most punitive then it's good to know that not everyone has to live with these excessive laws. The least "guilty" offenders of which have just become cash machines for the government and particularly lawyers - ads prominently splashed everywhere for their DUI services, they act like everyone's advocate when they'd prefer the legal limit be .01 = more money for them.