Thread: Mason... Sir,
View Single Post
Old 11-11-2007, 01:39 AM

Default Re: Mason... Sir,

[ QUOTE ]
Here's my last post in this exchange. It should be evident that TE, who has indeed worked very hard, has done that hard work not for the direct benefit of 2p2 as a commercial entity, but for the benefit of the PPA. Even though 2p2 benefits in the long run from the goals of the PPA, it should be clear to all that the PPA benefits more from the TE's efforts. So it should be the PPA, and TE, who should be more willing to give here.

[/ QUOTE ]

LMFAO. I don't do this for PPA or for 2+2. I'm not employed by either entity. I do it because we should fight for our rights as poker players. It's that simple. I'm glad you and Mason are having fun playing politics over this, but it's not doing [censored] for us. I hate to break this to you, but I look at the top 100 enemies of ours, Allyn Shulman isn't on the list. We have real enemies, you know. That's where our focus needs to be.

[ QUOTE ]
Also, as you imply, 2p2 does have global rules for everyone. If Mason makes an exception here, even though seemingly justified, he will doubtless be asked to make other exceptions which clearly aren't justified. So just as with any organization, the best policy long term is simply to have rules that apply equally to all. That may not be absolutely fair in discrete instances, but it will be perceived as fair by the majority of members/users.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree...there should be one set of rules. However, there is no rule mandating everyone who happens to be on the board of any organization must sign each post. It's some new, made-up [censored]. Jay Cohen, TruePoker CEO, and many others don't sign their names. Bryan and John Pappas do because they represent PPA. I don't. WTF is so difficult about that? Now, apparently, I don't have to sign each post with my name and title.

[ QUOTE ]
Either TE will choose to make note that he is speaking his own views in each of his posts, or he won't. It just depends on what is most important to him and how important he views 2p2 as being to the success of the PPA.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't have to do [censored]. Again, my issue isn't the success of the PPA. It's the success of the movement. Forget it...I feel like I'm talking to a wall.