View Single Post
Old 05-07-2007, 11:34 PM

Default Re: The Official NHL Playoffs Thread

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
GJ Refs... another bogus penalty. I've never seen that happen before. Markov gets a high-stick, play goes on for another minute. Then a double-minor gets called on Thornton. ?!?!?!

I've seen hundreds of games... that never gets called. Even when players are missing teeth. I'm all for penalty-reviews, etc.... but KEEP IT CONSISTENT. Almost every penalty tonight had been delayed by like 20 seconds.

[/ QUOTE ]

Umm, if a player is bleeding it's automatic 4 mins for a high stick ... and if they're bleeding a linesman is allowed to inform the ref if the ref didn't see it (unlike other penalties)

[/ QUOTE ]

WOW, REALLY!? You must have missed that it's NEVER called a minute late. I've seen players lose teeth and it's never called after play goes on for a minute, even after the player shows his mouth to the refs. Red Wings get special treatment.

GG
Refs 4 - JT/Nabokov/Grier 2.

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't see the play, but you are right on this. The 4 minutes is an automatic upgrade of a 2 minute penalty, it's not something that is called because someone is bleeding from a penalty that was missed earlier. They have to call the initial penalty then decide to add 2 more minutes.