View Single Post
Old 08-26-2006, 07:34 PM

Default Re: How to counter the idiot at the table?

[ QUOTE ]
If the maniac is blowing up pot sizes and people dumb themselves down to his level, why would anyone leave that game? What I offered was obviously my personal opinion, but a loose game like this is +EV for a tight player. Make adjustments, tighten up hand selection. Get paid off big on one or two hands.

If he isn't comfortable then he can certainly leave. But maybe, just maybe.... he could make an adjustment and attempt to improve his game. It's a relatively new and revolutionary concept, but it's really starting to catch on around here.

[/ QUOTE ]

By "improving" I assume you mean to limp with A-Ks UTG in order to make a flush with 9 guys in the pot for 125 BB. Yes, that may be an adjustment. On the other side it is tough to play T-T any different, because if I just call and play them passively I can fold to any overcard. Since I doubt that this is the correct way to play such a pocket pair, further "improvement" in this area is out of question. You certainly can't improve against bad beats anyways...