View Single Post
Old 09-22-2007, 01:13 AM

Default Re: I\'m likely just a nit

[ QUOTE ]
this is serious tard-speak. of all the cops i know (I know many) the percentage of d-bags is much less as the percentage of d-bags in the general population. maybe you just bring out their bad side?

[/ QUOTE ]

So what you're saying is that the cops you know(who are either your friends or acquaintances) are less likely to be d-bags than the average person. Of course you feel that way otherwise they wouldn't be your friends. This is no different than saying "my friends cooler than people I don't know."

I was the first to call cops d-bags in this thread. They like to power trip/demand respect for themselves. That's part of why they chose the profession.
People have suggested that people who hold a similar opinion of cops must have problems with the law. However, I have never been arrested, and have no record.

Best thing is: Cops love me. I've lived in CA for 7 years and have been pulled over for traffic violations on a number of occasions. End result- ZERO tickets.

[/ QUOTE ]

i used to work for a county correctional department where I met ad worked with any number of correctional deputies, sheriff deputies, police officers, probation officers and other emergency personnel types. as with any place of work, there were some who I was friends with and some who I couldn't stand. even the ones I couldn't stand didn't, for the most part, exhibit the type of power tripping d-baggery that seems to be the root of this thread. some were did this, of course, but not nearly to the extent that many here think, and nowhere near the majority. this is probably a case of a few bad apples ruining the whole bunch, but I think perpetuating this unfair stereotype about our law enforcement officers is very hurtful to the vast majority who are truely there for the right reasons. fwiw, i've also found may more power tripping d-bags in the corporate world.