View Single Post
Old 10-24-2007, 04:50 PM

Default Re: Get your n00b out, uNL--Volume 2

What's the best way to sort out replies in a thread that are good and contain advice I should follow and those that aren't?

<font color="blue"> Look for posters you know and trust and try to partially figure out for yourself what sounds right </font>

<font color="red"> You should read all advice and learn to filter it for yourself. Nobody can give you a perfect answer because poker is not a game that can be solved. You will come to learn who to ignore.</font>

Are the irc channels any good? I've listened in a few times but they seem to be dead.

<font color="blue"> There is a uNL channel, ive never been there. There is also a SSNL channel, I believe both are on efnet </font>

I think I'm undervaluing TPTK/TP type hands (always checking river, playing passively against any villain aggression) any good threads/advice?

<font color="blue">I think there are one or two in the sticky, if not just read a few that have been on the front page recently. </font>

<font color="red">TPTK is only a good hand if your opponent is willing to pay you off with worse. Think about that for a little bit. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]</font>