View Single Post
Old 10-14-2007, 11:13 AM

Default Re: Never coldcall (theorish)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Especially from the BB. Having a rule to never take advantage of sick pot odds late in a tournament is pretty brutal.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, I usually agree with everything zeejustin says. I almost never flat out of position though, especially not to a single raise and almost never < 30 BBs deep. Do you mean flatting a single raise oop or a raise and multiple callers? Also what kind of stacks do you need to be flat calling alot, especially out of position?

[/ QUOTE ]
Say you are in the BB and someone raises to 2.5xBB in late position. With no ante, you are getting 2.7-1 pot odds; with 1xBB in ante, you are getting 3.3-1 pot odds; with 1.5xBB in ante, you getting 3.7-1 pot odds. If the late position raiser probably has any top 30% hand, I don't see why you can't call loosely.

I don't see how the positional disadvantage overrides pot odds. Also, if the money is fairly shallow, you can checkraise allin on the flop. In general, I don't see position as being as important with shallow money.

I posted about this in response to Bond's post saying you should call tight in the blinds OOP.