View Single Post
Old 12-01-2007, 01:15 AM

Default Re: Dog Advice Needed

[ QUOTE ]
I would be fine with letting her sleep in the bed, but that freaks out the wife.

As for the walking, i thought about doing it Dog Whisperer style, but i heard its rather cruel by some people so i still have not tried it. Thoughts?

[/ QUOTE ]

Can't you just let her lay on your bedroom floor and close the door so she doesn't get into your stuff downstairs? And why would sleeping on the bed freak out your wife? YOu said she's potty-trained, and if she doesn't have fleas, then there is no problem with her sleeping on top of hte comforter. It's not like she's under the cover, wiping her ass across your wife's pillowcase. lol.

At obedience school they gave us a "choker chain" for her. It's a loose chain that you just yank up on with the leash swiftly and in a normal voice say "no.". They said never yell at her. Just say "no" calmly, simultaneously while pulling up on the leash swiftly. It doesn't really hurt them, but it gets their attention, and through behaviorism, they begin to learn what a calm "no" means. And yeah, try to make her walk aside you. If she goes out in front, pull up and just say "no".