View Single Post
Old 06-29-2007, 06:56 PM

Default Re: neteller founder pleads guilty

[ QUOTE ]
What's your opinion about EcoCard, epass, and the other methods we have left? Will this spook them? Neteller is the biggest scalp the feds have ever gotten. Im sad its my country today.

[/ QUOTE ]

The difference with other payment processors, and with the sites, poker or sportsbetting, still doing business in the US, is that they know both not to come to the US, nor to even risk flying over it. This is just more of the tactic of FUD whereby the DoJ and the supporters of the IUGEA hope to scare the rest of the players in the industry, so that once the regs come out and mostly aren't effective in the face of constant adaptation, that they won't be looking like total fools.

Also re these neteller guys, note that they are older and could basically serve their time by the time a court case and appeals played out, and when they could still be facing serving that time. And there is no way in hell that if they knew they would get arrested, that they would have voluntarily come back to the US as Jay did to fight it.