View Single Post
Old 11-21-2007, 07:05 AM

Default Re: I will mentor you for free

Hi not sure if im really the type of person your looking for but i figure its worth a shot. I dont really post here often, but read the forum daily. Im currently playing the lowest of the low NL(0.10) and have only recently started taking poker seriously(around 6 months ago).

1. How Im currently improving my game:

I am currently reading a couple of books and getting the grasp of the basic concepts (pot odds, implied odds etc). I am also putting in as much time as i possibly can to get as much first hand experience as possible. I also spend around an hour or so a day reading 2+2 strat posts and try to take in as much as possible from here.

2. My poker goals:

I would love to sustain being a winning player over a long period of time and move up to higher stakes, as im sure alot of people would heh. Ideal for me is earning a decent second income from poker, maybe around ~$400 a month. I could not see my self ever playing poker as a sole income and do not wish to do this. I enjoy poker this way and would like to go on enjoying the game for as long as i play.

3. Current stakes, previous results:

As i mentioned earlier im playing 10NL. Previously i would play more casually.Normally depositing $50-100 and playing 50NL until i busted/tilted. I lost a decent amount of money playing like this and have now decided to improve to the best of my ability. Ive only recently got over my tilt problems and now play within a bankroll. Ive put in around 11k hands so far and things arent going to badly winning at around 5ptb/100 (obv not a big sample of hands but its all i got).

4. About me:

Im a 22 year old male from uk. I work in ICT(server support) and have done so for nearly a year. Main hobbies are running, poker and drinking beer!

Cheers.