View Single Post
Old 11-02-2007, 12:02 PM

Default Re: PL08 6 handed, How do you play this?

[ QUOTE ]
I think the idea was to get one to bet and then isolate. But they didn't coorperate. I think if we wind up on the turn with 3 all-in players then I am getting 1/4 with the possibility of getting counterfitted. I'm not sure I want to play a non-nut flush for my high in a 3-way pot without more information-- if I can get it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Again, that's why I think I like the suck bet on the turn, as it provides more information than a check-call.

If you make the suck bet and get one flat call and one fold, you're much more likely to be ahead than behind HU. If you get two flat callers, you're very likely to be quartered and should plan accordingly, although there's a not insignificant chance of you getting 4/6 or 3/4 of the pot here, so I'd prolly not fold. If you get a flat call and a 'POT!', or a repot- and a flat call, then it's likely you can get away with a modicum of dignity.

[ QUOTE ]
UTG+1 was loose, I think BTN is semi-tagish.

[/ QUOTE ]

EDIT
Doesn't seem like the perfect storm to get somebody else to bet. If UTG+1 is more likely to call with worse holdings than he is to bet his better hands, the turn bet makes sense. If BTN is taggish, should'nt he have made a pot sweetener with A23X?, and wouldn't he be afraid to come over the top with 23 and anything less than the Ace of hearts?