View Single Post
Old 06-01-2007, 07:10 PM

Default Re: Lindsay Lohan and Rehab

[ QUOTE ]

Ultimately, her parents are pretty ridiculous (i hear they have serious problems in their own right) and deserve as much vitriol as Lindsay is getting.

[/ QUOTE ]

Her dad seems like a loose canon. But can we blame the parents for the antics of a 20 yr old? I'm not sure about this.

I always thought the same way as you, that if I had a close family member who was an addict I would take them far away to a beautiful island and just remove them from their situation. But then I read up on rehab and I now see how this approach might fail to address some important points.

From what I read, one of the main components of rehab is sharing your story with other addicts. The more you hear other addicts talk about their problem, the more you see how you resemble that person and hopefully your eyes will be opened.

Some common goals listed for rehab are - identifying your "triggers", learning coping skills, setting your own personal goals and learning how to identify positive healthy people to surround yourself with. These all seem like worthy goals. Now how talented the people are at the rehab clinics is another question.