View Single Post
Old 06-01-2007, 04:50 PM

Default Re: Lindsay Lohan and Rehab

[ QUOTE ]
I've always thought that if a close friend or family member was going through such issues, and if i had the money, I would simply take them to a remote location for three or four months. A location that was naturally beautiful, and have them stay within a comfortable two bedroom house.

All these rehab places are a joke because they're merely resorts with limp-wristed counseling (from an outsiders opinion, i guess i should say). I understand there are health ramifications with a cold turkey method, but I think most cases would do just fine.

Think "Trainspotting". Keep them in a basic room, with books they like and a full bathroom. Constantly watch them for a week or so, then open the rest of the house to them with even more amenities (better meals, more entertainment, and more room to lounge), after another week bring them outside to enjoy nature (hiking, swimming, fishing, etc.)

Ultimately, her parents are pretty ridiculous (i hear they have serious problems in their own right) and deserve as much vitriol as Lindsay is getting.

[/ QUOTE ]

It seems that sometimes turning your back on a friend can be more helpful for recovery. If you're always there for them, they know that you will get them out of any problem, hence they don't care about rehab, but if you turn your back, they feel bad about losing a great friend and try harder at rehab. At least that's what happened with Jason Mewes (Kevin Smith's friend) according to Kevin Smith's blog. Of course this sort of thing probably depends on the people (like for some this technique wouldn't work).