View Single Post
Old 02-24-2007, 12:23 PM

Default Re: People who are overpriced

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think there is money to be made on Phil Stacey. I see him as a a good candidate to make the top 5. If he does this his sell price will be no less than 10 to 12.

[/ QUOTE ]

i honestly think he has no chance of top 10

[/ QUOTE ]

Granny, I respect your oppinions on Idol immensly, and have followed you and road your coatails the last 2 years,but I would be shocked if Stacey does not make the top 10. If you look at his Dialidol scores he was easily in the top 10 the first week. He is also from the south and has a serious, commited type A worker personality. If he sets himself apart from the pop crowd and goes more towards rock, this will garner him votes from the "rock" crowd. Will this be enough to win ... most likely no. I agree with you the winner will probably be Lakisha (at least it looks like it so far). I am just saying there are ways to hedge bets and I believe that there is money to be made on people like Stacey and Richardson trading at 3 - 5 right now.

[/ QUOTE ]

here is what i think is going on with phil.

1. the other guys sucked so bad that the judges and voters were looking for someone to praise.

2. i think his performance was forgettable (i seriously forgot it already)

3. i think that there are weeks that a sub-par contestant rises to the top of DI. i think this was simply such a week.

he does not excite me or even amuse me. he may make top ten, but certainly not better than 8th-ish.

BOOK IT

edit: i think you are probably right that chris r is a good hedge, and those looking to hedge or diversify would be nuts to pass him up at 3-5. it's just that i don't hedge. i own very few contestants, and only one female. this may be the year that granny crashes and burns, who knows? but i stand by my picks (and NON picks)