Thread: Baldness
View Single Post
Old 03-05-2007, 03:21 PM

Default Re: Baldness

[ QUOTE ]
Would you mind telling me (or linking) to your story of diabetes? It sounds like you had it for a long time, and didn't know it. How did you find out? How long did you have it before you were diagnosed? I have been losing my hair dramatically over the last 5 years, and there is NO baldness in my family. Just curious. Sorry if this is a hijack....

Thanks for posting too!

[/ QUOTE ]
I could find some links for you, if you want more info. Diabetes didn't really run in my family, so it didn't occur to me that I had it.

I noticed that I was drinking lots more water. I had an insatiable thirst. It didn't matter how much I drank, I was parched and dry. This also meant I was chained to the bathroom.

I had no energy, I started gaining a lot of weight for seemingly no reason. My doc would put me on a diet, and I would gain instead of lose!

I don't know how long I had it before it was diagnosed, but eventually the doctor sent me in for a test and voila. By this time I was in and out of liver failure, right kidney failure, lost my gall bladder, etc. I felt immediately better after surgery.

I still suffer somewhat with crazy blood sugar, but I control it by diet and eat a high protein diet with protein shakes, in order to keep it from the huge peaks and valleys I had ten years ago.

Felicia [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]