View Single Post
Old 11-24-2007, 08:35 PM

Default Re: Personal / dating / whatever life situation gen advice - volume 2

i realize a lot of stuff on this thread looks pretty silly to a lot of people, but as someone who reads most of these types of threads as a lurker, i can honestly say some of this stuff has actually helped make my life better, so thanks to everyone who posts honest responses to these types of things.

anyway, here's my situation, its nothing really complex. there was a girl i had a monster crush on who i used to work with, but i was too lame/shy to make a move and nothing ever happened during the 3+ years i worked there and that was that. i had not seen this girl in 4 years but ran into her on thanksgiving eve, and im a bit cooler and know better how to talk with girls now, i ended up talking to her for about 3-4 hours and got her number at the end of the night (after she pretty much ignored a request to have a drink back at my place).

my plan from here was to make a monday call after im done with work and try and set up a wednesday/thursday dinner+drinks at a casual irish restaurant with live music. im totally stuck into something this weekend, so i cant really aim for that, and i know waiting till after the weekend is too long. is a monday call for a wed/thur thing pretty standard here? fwiw im 25 and she is 26.