View Single Post
Old 11-01-2007, 10:38 AM

Default Re: Poker tournament with severely limited chips. Help needed

[ QUOTE ]
But, seeing as we need to try and finish in one hour, (which we rarely did with the old chip distribution and blinds), should i remove one blue chip so that everyone starts with t200 and the blinds at 1/2 so that everyone starts with exactly 100 big blinds and no more?

[/ QUOTE ]

It doesn't matter WHERE you start, only where you end. The level you're out at needs to have the BB = 10-15% of the average stack, heads-up.

What Pants didn't say in his post is- most rounds are 5 minutes long, to fit in your schedule. You can even start with a couple of 10 minute rounds, if you want.

[ QUOTE ]
Lottery Larry: Your chip distribution doesn't allow for five or six players

[/ QUOTE ]

Mine most certainly does 5 players- it leaves exactly 5 white chips unused, in order to insure you end in an hour... and you can color up the blue/green chips at Round 4, if you'd like.

You didn't mention 6 players in your OP:

4 of 6 players get:
10 mixed + 4 red + 4 white = T700

1 of 6 gets:
5 mixed + 5 red + 4 white = T700

Last player gets:
5 mixed + 3 red + 5 white = T700

That leaves 1 red chip unused- throw it in the first pot if you'd like, or rotate the bonus chip each tourney, or give it as a BB bonus or something.
Personally, I recommend the "host bonus for organizing and providing eqpt" bonus, myself :P

Same blinds as before, or try this for more starting play:
10/20 (25 minutes)
20/40 (10 min)
50/100 (10 min)
100/200 (10 min)

Let us know what you come up with and how it works. And charge everyone a buck or two every game, to go towards buying more chips!

However, you won't be able to change the amount of the SS or the final blinds- time limit is paramount. You just won't have to make change that often.