View Single Post
Old 09-04-2006, 02:19 AM

Default Re: Grade the September Magazine

Add me to the choir wanting more poker play articles, especially a balance of games and structures. Is limit hold'em officially dead?

Quite a few formatting problems, such as saying "x2" meaning "x squared", and ": spade :" for "[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]".

Scoop Outs started out with some fallacious math, so I just skimmed the rest of it. Nothing that isn't obvious.

Getting Bubbly and Bankroll Requirements were articles beating a dead horse.

Stop 'n' Go is tired too. But things like this should have big warning signs about how narrow their application is, so the article is reasonable to have. Another example would be raising to drive out opposition when you are sure you are behind to a made hand.

I don't like the Behavioral Game Theory articles, but this one is a little better.

Poker and Finance has nothing in it.

30 Questions was meh. This seems more appropriate to a glossy print mag. It's not like any of the interviewees have ever said anything deep for these pieces.

Book Reviews are fine. I like that there is an explanation of why a book gets a good review, so I can ignore it if it doesn't apply to me.

The 1-5 stud and Modern Poker articles are good material to lend variety.

The two non-poker gambling articles are good to have as well. Yao really puts a nice effort into each sports betting article.