View Single Post
Old 11-10-2007, 06:22 PM

Default Re: Ron Paul - clear on abortion

The problem I guess is that he's honest and has opinions of his own. [censored], imagine if Hillary or whoever told a few of her real personal opinions in a speech. Now that would be frightening.

If you're worried about this or his religion or whatever, I don't think you understand Paul's agenda very well. I can see disliking his stance on abortion if you're worried that your state might be allowed to ban abortion because of it if he was elected, but the significance of this seems pretty paltry when placed beside foreign policy or economic issues. A.) It's not like he can just get into office and overturn Roe vs. Wade cause he feels like it. It's highly unlikely he'd be able to. B.) Even if it does get overturned, so what? Drive a few hours to a different state. Or learn to control your wang... it isn't that tough with a bit of practice.

The only areas Paul could affect significantly are foreign policy and government spending through vetoes. These are the reasons to support him. The rest is fluff, and I think it would be much smarter politically if he just stayed away from all these extraneous "hot button" issues.