View Single Post
Old 09-12-2007, 02:10 AM

Default Re: Gulf Coast Poker Championship (WPT)

Wow what a blast that was. I now remember how hard it was being on the road all the time. Just a reminder of how much I appreciate all of you who came to the event. We had good numbers, averaging around 620 or so for our preliminaries, and had 264 in the ladies event, as well as 256 in the WPT event. Our second chance had 350+ for about 5 days in a row, and at times we had 40+ side games running on the property.

As those of you know who came to the event, the property truly is a first class operation. I would again like to thank every member of my floor staff, dealer coordinators, and dealers for all their hard work and professionalism. Special thank to the on poperty poker staff for a job well done too. Also, for all employees who went to extra lengths to ensure the success of the event under some very hard circumstances, your efforts were appreciated by everyone. You guys truly made this one of my favorite events I have ever been a part of. Kudos to the media too. The coverage of Gulf Coast reconstruction and the importance of this event to the area were especially appreciated by members of the staff here who lost so much. To hear you write about the efforts to rebuild, and the splendor of the property made us all very happy to work here. Thanks again.

We will do this one again, and maybe add another. Tournaments here are a can't miss proposition. We look forward to having you all here again in the future.

I am going to rest for a few days.

Johnny Grooms