View Single Post
Old 10-29-2007, 02:49 AM

Default Re: Backwards or forwards?

[ QUOTE ]
<font color="blue">I suppose I also assign a fairly high probability to there being human life on Earth in 3,000 years, and a slightly lower but still fairly high probability to it being more advanced that at present.

</font>

You've got more confidence in humanity than I do vhawk. Not only would I bet mankind is extinct in 3000 years, I'd be willing lay odds on it.

Another problem, is you'd be a complete idiot in the year 5008. Not only that, but there's no telling what social settings you'd find, or how people would react to you. Just think of how someone from 3000 years in our past would fit into our current society? The poor guy would never make it. Yeah, the more I think about it, I definitely wouldn't go too far into the future. I think it would be very risky indeed.

[/ QUOTE ]

Me being a complete idiot in 5007 is pretty much exactly the reason I'd be interested in going there. Thats why I do pretty much everything I do, make myself the smallest fish in the biggest pond and try to get bigger. I'd be bored stiff as the smartest man in 1000 BC, I'm certain of it.