View Single Post
Old 10-15-2007, 01:39 AM

Default Re: Ask Degen Anything About Living In Thailand

[ QUOTE ]
at the risk of sounding extremely judgmental, I still don't see the appeal to travel across the entire world just to pay for pussy which it seems most of you are doing and strangely bragging about it.

a)While paying for sex isn't optimal life strategy, one can find tons of girls in any city to [censored] for money who have access to proper healthcare and std testing.
b)There are plenty of females in the US
c)The quality of life is obviously better.

The only appeal I see in Thailand is the cheap cost of living, but there are many cities in the US where you can live very similar...not at the risk of lack of infrastructure, proper health care, or sanitation. Not to mention crime and corruption.

Going on vacation to see a different culture like that one dude's blog seems awesome, Thailand seems to be a great place to travel and get to visit many different sites and climates. But living there, someone must explain the appeal to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

to make it short: most ppl have to work all their life and wait until they are retired to achieve the same lifestyle we 20somethings have here.

oh, and you've never been here right?
-Healthcare is definitely very good and pretty cheap, and actually considering how much $$$ sexworkers are making they can even afford private hospitals if they want.
-on infrastructure: lol? at least in Bangkok. ok, the only thing that piss me of is no hot water at the sink, kind of a pain to shave...transportation is as good as anywhere I've been before and a lot cheaper, internet..well..not as fast but still I achieve 120KB/s dl and 30KB/s ul and I can live with that..seriously what do you mean by infrastructure?
-on that guy blog, lmao, going on a guesthouse organized trip in Changmai and spending a week in Ko chang with Swedish girls doesn't count as experiencing a different culture in my books.
-on quality of life, average Thai vs avg American, yeah I agree with you; but now take an average American (and his average american salary) and put him in Thailand...he'll definitely have a better quality of life...Professionals with movable job choosing to live in so called developing countries is definitely a trend esp among young ppl...