View Single Post
Old 09-02-2007, 02:40 PM

Default Re: Professional No-Limit Hold \'em Volume 1 Review Thread

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

However when reading the book I feel like I am being conveyed the message "all you have to do is to make sure to have correct SPR, then flop TP or overpair and bet pot until you are all-in". That's a bit simplistic view about NLHE, is it not?

[/ QUOTE ]

we are quite explicit that if varying your preflop raises gives away too much of your range, you should not do it. it's in there several times. sounds like we didn't emphasize it enough.

[/ QUOTE ]
Matt, I think that the problem in this case is that the book has virtually no postflop recommendation other than "bet pot" and assumes that every hand will play out with pot-size bets on every street. So how do the SPRs work when every street is a 2/3 pot bet, or when the flop is checked? To what extent is obtaining a good SPR helpful if most hands are folded on the flop? What are we giving up or gaining in terms of preflop betting when we miss the flop?

I know some of the answers to these questions may be "volume 2" but it may not help foster better play at this time if SPR is sort of floating out there disconnected from overall approach.