View Single Post
Old 11-20-2007, 01:46 PM

Default Re: a coach for poker ???

[ QUOTE ]

My students have turned the $250 investment into thousands. I guess you weren't referring to them.

[/ QUOTE ]

First of all: if one of your students does win some $$ it does not mean he wouldn't have won that without you. And i doubt that your students just get one hour. (you are to smart to let them get away so cheap)

Let me take a wild guess here. An average of 8 hours per student ?? Let's assume you coach so good that after 8 sessions he can win 0.3 BB more per hour than before. Now we have to subtract 0.2 BB that he could make more if he instead of getting coaching from you would have done something himself and get advice from what you call "good players surrounding you" That gives him 0.1 BB that he gets out of your coaching.( i believe that numbers to be very generous calculated to your side )( if your student was a beginner or loser at the game the number could go up but i assume most of your students do win already) What limits does your students play. Let's say 10-20(most will probably play lower) That would be $ 2 per hour value. So , that student has to play at least 1000 hours before he makes any money from your coaching. All that assumes that any increase of win rate really comes from your coaching. If anyone now takes away 20 hours from the 1000 hours of playing time and instead invest that time into some research here and studying the game by himself and talk even more to other winning players (that does not charge) anyone would make up any increase of win rate gained from your coaching. And again: all that assumes that your coaching is better than studying the game without a coach.

This discussion leads to nothing. I just wanted to point out what i think about people that asks $$$ for talking poker with them. That should be all clear by now. Case closed.