View Single Post
Old 10-29-2007, 01:43 AM

Default Re: High Stakes Poker thread (10/8) (possible spoliers in thread to co

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I recently did an interview with Mike in which I asked him about the KQo bust-out hand. He actually thought Sammy might be on an open-ended draw and it was only 70k or so for him to call in a 120k pot. The show makes it look like he came over the top for even more, but he really didn't. Of course, with Eli behind with AA and given Sammy's made hand, the play looks horrible (def not something I'd do with 70 large), but when Jamie folded out of turn, he figured whatever...Sammy'd been making plays the whole session. If you're interested, you can read the interview here.

Edmond

[/ QUOTE ]

No disrespect Edmund, but these kind of after the fact interviews, where he has already seen the TV version is the epitome of results oriented. Mike even admits at the beginning that he has trouble putting players on hands and then he wants us to believe that he made this play after only putting in $13k pre-flop, not getting any piece of the flop (a gutshot, yeah woo), with the original raiser still to act, in the hopes he could do a deal with Sammy? Sorry, I don't believe a word of it. he was playing fast and loose and made a really stupid move there and he should just admit that he burned up $70k for no good reason.

[/ QUOTE ]

No offense taken. This would not be the first time a guy I knew was smart rationalized a bonehead move. Would he do it again? Probably not. Have we all seen worse? I know I have. He was a good sport to talk about it, at least. Try getting me to videotape my play and open it up to the forums. Never happen!

Edmond