View Single Post
Old 11-15-2007, 07:07 PM

Default Re: General life questions / observations / random whatever thread

hmm I'm just musing at work right now, and I couldn't think of a better place to write my thoughts.

I had a conversation with my friend this weekend...we were talking about life, and the possibility of me not going back to school. I had said that even if I didn't go to school, I felt strangely confident that I would find a way to be alright. I don't know how...just a belief in my core.

I don't know where I'm going with this. There is an NVG thread which spurred me to recontemplate this issue...

I expressed that I thought some people are just "good at life". To some they may seem lucky or fortunate, but somehow they seem to end up being successful, no matter what path they take.

Think back to high school...weren't there a few people who you just KNEW would be successful? Something about them?

I think there are people in this world who make the most out of their luck...they get chance opportunities, but then they take advantage of them in ways most people would not or could not.

Everyone gets lucky, but certain people always seem to come out further ahead.

I think I'm one of those people...but I guess there's a strong possibility I'm deluding myself.

What it do?