View Single Post
Old 03-07-2006, 03:46 PM

Default Re: Advice on moving up to NL 100$

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
NL100 is a lot fishier for me than NL50 was.

[/ QUOTE ]

I kind of agree with this. Maybe I was just running poorly, but I thought NL50 was a bit rockish. I cant really think of any reason why this would be so, but thats the general impression I came away from the 50s with.

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm feel exactly the same.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmmm....

I'm finding the $25's harder than $50's for this kind of reason.

Add in the fact that I get outdrawn by hands I just don't expect to be there often and I think my winrate(lossrate) is suffering a result.

At the risk of sounding like "I'm moving up to $100 NL so that players respect my raises..." - which is a bad thing to think.

I plan on moving up to $100NL the second my bankroll says that I can (15 buyins) - this isn't happening anytime soon - and I need to play more ABC and a lot less FPS to even make it that far.

Tho in the not too distant future I will be able to deposit enough to roll me for the $100's in any case.

This week I have ironed out a lot of my frustrations away from the tables - taken a couple more days off and looked hard (again) at my play.

I am finding 25's at present to be very rocky and my natural game is much more suited facing looser calling station people rather than Loose preflop - tight otherwise players who don't call my flop/turn bets. Meaning I am winning a good amount of small pots - when they all fold on the flop/turn- and losing a few big pots when they play back at me and either have me beat all the way - or outdraw me on the river. I win the odd bigger pot when my hands do hold up - but overall I am losing a little [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

I have also been playing like a superdonk recently playing my natural style - usually as I am overtired and can't/don't want to think straight and make adjustments - factor in a few lost stacks due to over playing bad one pair hands and it's no great surprise I am bleeding money.

I am getting nailed with hitnrun artists - who out luckbox me with their short stacks - then leave the table immediately after doubling through just after I have got a good read on how they play which is infuriating

Anyway - I am moving up out of here as soon as I am able - to $100's - where I shall stay for a good amount of time until I am confident I am a solid winning player again - and have the bankroll to move further.

Is this likely a good idea? - or am I talking myself into the mindset of "I should move up so players respect my raises" and I should stay put till I can crush the small stakes games.. (??)