View Single Post
Old 02-27-2007, 06:04 AM

Default Re: 1/2 QQ in re-raised pot

[ QUOTE ]
you really should state how much is in the pot and how much is remaining after his turn bet.

sometimes its better to just check raise it all in on the turn as he might not fire again with worse and you run risk of him having hit possible 6 outer if he has AK.

[/ QUOTE ]

Under what conditions would it be better to c/r ai on the turn, amoeba? Seems mighty extreme way to protect against a potential 6-outer when the second barrel on the turn has to have narrowed the range a little bit. Moreover, I don't even think JJ would find a call there unless he is retarded which wasn't my read, much less 99-TT. But maybe I've been away from 1/2 for too long.

I guess that is what I found interesting/noteworthy about this hand. With each succcessive c/c his range really does narrow.

If he is 3-betting me preflop with a reasonably range, something like 77+, ATo+, A9s+ KQs and then sometimes 22-66, 65s+ (though this is much broader then avg at 1/2 this is pretty common) then I suppose there is an argument to be made for value/hand protection with bets and raises on the flop. OTOH, there is no real draws, the board is low, so the worst I have to fear are six, three and two outers most of the time so if I am ahead I am not very vulnerable. Plus, he bet 1/2 the pot, it's not like i am allowing him to take a free card.

Then, when he bets the turn I don't think this is generally going to just be an automatic second barrel given our history very often. I think at this point I really am just about as close to WA/WB as I can get. He has TT+, AKs, 88, 98, A8s with the infrequent two babrrels with nothing. Then, on the river I think it's a pretty clear fold. But, using Maulik's logic (I can't play this hand passively and then fold to aggression; i have underrepresented my hand) I called even though I was almost certain I was beat.

I just haven't seen that many spots where c/c c/c c/f really makes sense with an overpair.