View Single Post
Old 04-23-2007, 10:05 PM

Default Re: Milwaukee @ Chicago 4/23

[ QUOTE ]
Play: Over 8

Vargas v. Zambrano.

Chicago pitches Zambrano. Not sure what has been wrong with Big Z this year, but he doesn't look good at all. Looks like he might be distracted because his contract talks appear to be absolutely dead. He is either distracted or just doesn't care. 3 of his 4 games have gone over and he has given up 19 ER in those 4 games. 22IP 25H 16BB 16K. He faced Milwaukee and Sheets on 4/7 and the game went 6-3. The posted total on that game was 7 1/2.

Milwaukee had gone 7 straight overs before last night. Even last night they managed to put up 4 runs on Oswalt (Houston only got 3) Their offense is producing.

Milwaukee pitches Vargas. Vargas has had 2 nice starts back to back, but his career numbers say this might not be believable. He has a lifetime ERA of 4.92 and a SLG against of .470. He is also gives up the longball and is a flyball pitcher with a G/F ratio of .85. The game is at Wrigley. The Cubs also welcomed back Soriano yesterday and now have plenty of offense on the bench for late game production.

Good Luck.

[/ QUOTE ]

Damn this one isn't looking good either. 4-2 after 6. Cubs chase Vargas after 4 innings and still can't score. I knew when the ump blew the call on Derek Lee getting thrown out trying to steal third and Ramirez homered on the next pitch that it was going to be an aggravating night.

I'm going to bed. You guys get me some runs.