View Single Post
Old 11-18-2007, 07:38 PM

Default Re: Barry Bonds indicted

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
In response to that, I would point to the list in the first appendix to Game of Shadows as a starting point

[/ QUOTE ]

why would a book that the Pulitzer committee basically said was hearsay and not able to be looked at as factual have any real value

is the Pulitzer committee in on the conspiracy too?

[/ QUOTE ]

What is with people and the way they make crap up and distort reality? Is that really the only way they can debate these issues?

The Pulitzer committee decided that the series of articles that preceded the book would not be a finalist for the award in whatever year that was. I don't think they ever said why -- but it was likely because of the controversy over the exposure of grand jury testimony and the inability to confirm it. This is the first time I have heard the word hearsay used (and since that is a courtroom rule of evidence thrown around in conversation by those who don't understand it, I don't believe the Pulitzer committee would use it). I have read in blogs that the committee found the earlier articles were "unsubstantiated" but (1) I could only find blogs that said that, (2) it was prior to the publication of the book and (3) has nothing to do with the appendix to the book which was not yet published and not submitted to the Pulitzer committee.

But nice try.