View Single Post
Old 07-01-2007, 11:34 PM

Default Re: AT turn spot on super dry board

[ QUOTE ]
I got no beef w/ a check. Probably the main reason I hate poker right now is that villian bets the river 100% of the time except when I have this very hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

Assuming B/F is not an option, I think against most opponents checking behind and calling a river bet/betting river if checked to, will be the optimal line becuz they will have 9x or a nothing hand like QJ pretty close to 50% of the time when they call this flop.

Another line that may be worth discussing is checking the turn and raising/folding a river bet assuming our kicker still plays. I will call this the Johnny Chan line since the first time I seen this line discussed was in his limit holdem book. The problem with this line is I dont like raise/folding the river against many opponent types after I take such a weird line. The bonus of this line is you win 2 BB's when ahead instead of just 1BB when you run the check/behind play and you lose 2BB's instead of 3BB's when you bet/call down.

So Johnny Chan's line is kind of a middle ground and im sure this exotic line can be applicable against some opponents as long as were greater than a 50% favorite to have the best hand when our opponent calls our river raise. BTW when Johnny Chan talked about this line it was for a spot just like this, aces up with a pair on the board.