View Single Post
Old 10-15-2007, 10:53 AM

Default Re: UFC 77 Discussion thread

SVJ,

Not much. Stuck in Florida for a wedding in my girlfriend's family. Of course it's this Saturday, so I'm praying it's done early so I can catch the fight. Luckily, this family is pretty conservative and the wedding is small, so the reception won't go nuts.

Anyway, we're probably going to have to agree to disagree about A. Silva, although I'm probably giving Dana way too much credit. I understand your point though about going out and giving interviews in the mainstream press. I wasn't really thinking about that. I just don't think it's very hard to market a guy who's come into the UFC and finished every fight he's taken, and in spectacular fashion.

Also, Nog has pretty good striking. He trains with the Cuban national boxing team, so he's definitely capable on his feet. He's not going to KO many guys, though. If the UFC decides to go the mini-pseudo-tournament route, and Nog ends up with Sylvia for the belt, it'll be interesting to see how that plays out. Nog has an absolute iron chin. The only time I've ever seen him rocked was the last fight against Herring where he leaned into a kick that ended up as a knee to his head.