View Single Post
Old 04-13-2007, 02:32 AM

Default He bluffs a lot, and thinks I do too.

I have been playing quite aggressively but showing good hands and winning big pots. Seat Seven is absurdly loose on third and bluffs/bluff raises extraordinarily often. I called on third because I was closing the action getting about 6:1, my hand, though weak, was reasonably live, the original raiser's looked weak, and seat Seven didn't have to have any hand at all here. My intention was to isolate Seat Seven if I caught anything scary or that genuinely improved my hand.

We have played before, however, and of the opponents at the table, he is the only one who has seen me bluff. He certainly thinks I bluff more often than I actually do.

For this reason, his call on Five could mean as little as a gutshot. Sixth and its action are an excellent development.

My read on his river play is that he will likely call the river with Queens-up as a bluff catcher, will probably bluff with one pair if checked-to, and will value bet or raise only if he can beat Kings-up. I have no idea what he would need to bet and then just call a raise. Perhaps Aces-up precisely.

I think he is pretty likely to have bare Queens on the end here (which he will fold if I bet), but there is some chance he has a two-pair he can call with, and a distant chance he has trips or better, with which he will go to war.

What gets the most in the middle, checking (selling a busted semi-bluff/bare Kings) hoping to raise, or betting and hoping to take it to three-town?

7 Card Stud High ($5/$10), Ante $1, Bring-In $1.50 (converter)

Seat 1: $49
Seat 2: $129.50
Seat 3: $171
Seat 4: $87
Seat 5: $180.50
Seat 6: $83.50
Seat 7: $251
Hero: $572

3rd Street - (1.60 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ___folds
Seat 2: xx xx A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ___folds
Seat 3: xx xx T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ___folds
Seat 4: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ___folds
Seat 5: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ___folds
Seat 6: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ___completes
Seat 7: xx xx Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ___calls
Hero: 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ___brings-in ___calls

4th Street - (4.60 SB)

Seat 6: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ___checks ___folds
Seat 7: xx xx Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ___bets ___calls
Hero: 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ___checks ___raises

5th Street - (4.30 BB)

Seat 7: xx xx Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ___calls
Hero: 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ___bets

6th Street - (6.30 BB)

Seat 7: xx xx Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ___calls
Hero: 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ___bets

River - (8.30 BB)

Seat 7: xx xx Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] xx ___
Hero: 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ___ ???