View Single Post
Old 11-09-2007, 02:40 PM

Default Re: Microscopic sample size STAT checkup plz

[ QUOTE ]
PJ: pretty much have nothing to quibble with the direct questions you asked for ranges in spots. I am certain your problem is not playing enough in the CO and button and folding the BB too much. You'll jump 2-3% in VPIP just by stopping folding your BB so much, and another 2-3% by stealing from the button with a real man's range [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Since this seems to be the prevailing notion, maybe I need to re-read Stox and figure out how to play super marginal hands OOP against a steal. Like defending a hand such as K5o, the flop comes T82, and I c/f anyway.

Or I have 86o, flop some kind of gutterball like KT7, and feel lost without odds for the draw. Hopefully when I work on how to get $ out of these marginal BB hands, I can play them.

[ QUOTE ]
Btw, my postflop agg factor is probably a bit lower than 2.1, its very style dependent. If you are in games with lots of calling stations though it should be higher. The more LAGs, the lower it should be generally.

[/ QUOTE ]

This makes sense, and yeah the opponents in my game are more loose-passive fish. At least the ones I try to sit with.