View Single Post
Old 02-21-2007, 11:12 PM

Default RESULTS -- oh and I got the hand slightly wrong.

[ QUOTE ]
Unless the opponent is very unreasonable, I think you should check/fold the turn when it comes a 9. You're probably way behind, and if not your opponent has at least 12 outs to beat you.

If he really 3 barrels air regularly, then I guess you have to just call down and pray, but things are looking bleak.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just checked the hand history, flop was 556 with two spades, not 667 rainbow.

Obviously, 7-9 are still scary cards, but there is another possible semibluff out there.

Like I said, I was thinking of checkraising a non-scary turn, but it was a '9' which I hated almost as much as I'd hate a '7' or an '8', so I called down. (Interesting that nobody here is advocating the flop 3-bet, lead, like I thought you guys might.)

River was a blanak, I check/called, and villain had 83o, no spade. Nevertheless, I think that folding a 7-9 turn or at least a 7-8 turn might have been best given my read at the time. Needless to say I was surprised at how air-y his air actually was.

Re playing this hand in the first place -- I fear you are right, but folding a hand that has superior equity against what the Lag will play, combined with the extra I'll get paid off if I flop a set due to his wacky aggro, combined with I'll feel like a loser if I fold a pocket pair preflop . . .

(Okay, the 3rd reason isn't really valid, is it?)