View Single Post
Old 06-29-2007, 07:02 AM

Default Caddyshack: Monthly Movie Marathon

Gunga Galoonga

Yep, I watched it again, laughed a lot, and thoroughly enjoyed Caddyshack. I really have to say it isn't the best comedy ever - the other 3 already discussed beat it easily, and do several other films (Life of Brian, Spinal Tap, Love and Death to name a few)

Still, it was fun to live. I'd forgotten all that stuff Murray does that's pretty obscene (pumping that groundskeep thing while leering at the middle-aged lady golfers, walking with a big hose so that the front is handing between his legs), and Murray is just great in it (and it's not a typical Murray character). And the bit where Murray bites the 'poop' in the swimming pool is priceless.

And I never did get why the gopher sounds like a dolphin.

One thing about it I'd never really noticed is how it really is a patchwork of performances and in some respects extended sketches (example: Chase playing thorugh Murray's living quarters; the priest playing his best round of golf ever through lashing rain and storm), hung on a thin plot. It probably shouldn't work (with Rodney Dangerfield essentially doing his stage act every scene, Chase acting aloof and weird, Murray acting slobby and out of it), but it does work, and very well.

What can I say? Wanna make $14 the hard way?