View Single Post
Old 03-19-2007, 11:25 PM

Default 3/6 live and the kill is on

Hi all. I have been a long time lurker and have gained some great information from this site. Now I plan to be a contributor.

I was playing 3/6 at a B&M this weekend when the following hand came occured. I was at the table for about 30 mins and the table seemed mainly loose passive with a few older guys with comparatively large chip stacks and some young guys with small chip stacks. I was playing fairly tight as I just sat down and was sizing up the table. My read on the villain is loose passive.

Hero is UTG+2 villain is UTG and has put the kill on so it is now 6/12.

Hero is dealt A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], UTG+1 folds Hero raises everyone folds to UTG+1 who calls.

2 to the flop for 4.25 small bets
Flop is J46 rainbow
Villain checks, hero bets and villain calls 6.25 small bets

Turn is 2 (suit not important)
Villain checks, hero bets and villain calls 5.25 big bets

River is an 8 (suit not important)
Villain checks, hero bets and villain check raises ~8 big bets

Do I check, call or raise and what do you think of my play in this hand? I will post the result of the hand after I get some feedback.

The other play I was considering when I looked at my cards was limping with the hopes of 3 betting a raise. I thought I only had about 15-20% chance of getting a pre-flop raise and it would most likely be a 4 to 5 way pot. Comments?