View Single Post
Old 05-11-2007, 02:25 PM

Default Re: Poll: Should US leagues use a European league system?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If it is possible for the format of the sport to have a balanced schedule I support it.

I don't think eliminating the playoffs is necessary. Its up to the fans to place the proper emphasis on the regular seasons while treating playoffs as a sort of Champions League.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly. Playoffs are exciting, even if they don't always crown the best team. If you're so hell bent on identifying the best team, feel free to continue thinking that about whoever has the best record in the regular season. The only reason a Champions league type deal makes sense is if there are multiple leagues that don't play each other, like all of the national European soccer leagues. That's a good way to pit teams together who otherwise wouldn't play. I see no logic in making a giant 16 team playoff based on last year's league finish when these teams are already playing one another in the regular season. Keep the playoffs, enjoy the excitement, and tell anyone who will listen that the Yankees were the 2007 MLB champions.

[/ QUOTE ]