View Single Post
Old 07-07-2007, 11:43 PM

Default Re: PokerTracker: The Next Generation (NEW SOFTWARE DISCUSSION)

Competition (or even the suggestion of such) breeds progress it would seem [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I would suggest PokerTracker work to drop all support for Access databases and therefore focus on improving the speed of DB functions using PGSQL... if nothing else, the RVG Holdem Manager thread suggests very fast performance is possible using PSQL, and I'm 90% certain the fact that PT's SQL routines are derived from / rooted in MS Access is a killer in the performance area.

Obviously 3bet / 4bet stats etc are desired, but this is under discussion (maybe even implementation now) already I know.

Focus more on NL aspects in general would be well advised, NL seems to have become massively more popular since PT started.

A fully documented database schema would (for me anyhow) be fantastic, it is a huge waste of time trying to figure out what a certain column means / how values are encoded.

Ideally, the database (game_players table mainly I suppose) would be re-structured (or maybe an additional table linked to it) so that the entire process of a hand could be reconstructed (therefore queried) after the fact, without the HH file. maybe that is not very clear... a new table (or modification of existing table) so that one could find e.g. "all hands where I was check-minraised on the turn" for example...

Disclaimer: I think PT has been of extraordinary value, I am a happy customer, and would def buy again. I will be purchasing RVG's new SW without doubt. I would love to see both HM and PT in serious competition with each other, such leads to faster development and increased functionality for us, the end users [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

dave.