View Single Post
Old 08-16-2007, 10:51 AM

Default Re: Advice for my current diet/training program

Just a lurker here, but I feel motivated to congratulate you on your good work. Just two years ago, I was pretty much exactly your size, 6'3" and 265. I didn't exercise as much as you, but I ate right and greatly improved my lifestyle. I got down to 220 within 8 months or so, and a year and a half later, I'm a relatively healthy 225. Though I'm not as strict about diet and exercise right now, my underlying lifestyle is VASTLY better than it was 3 years ago.
So I know how it feels to be doing what you're doing and I wanted to let you know it's possible to make it a permanent change.

On to advice: I am no expert, but you would be better off eating more, for how much you work out. More protein specifically. Add another meal that's just tuna or chicken with some veggies. You could probably afford to add up to 600 clean calories! The drastic weight loss might slow down, but with the amount of exercise you're doing, your body composition will continue to improve greatly.
After a month or two of that, you might cut back on the calories again and really make a better push down to 210.

Good luck, and I'm pulling for you.